Sunday, April 15, 2012

Makeup Memories - The Women who inspired me :)

The earliest memories I have where I was exposed to the application of make up, started around the age of 4.  These memories are tied to some great women and what I learned and saw will stay with me forever. I have many memories to share, but for now I would like to share a few that were the most memorable.

1.  My Babysitter
I remember that I was 5 years old, and at my babysitters', her older daughter would come home from school, (she was in Uni), and would begin her beauty routine before she headed out with friends.  I remember being in awe of her and how exciting her life was, mind you, anything was exciting to a 5 year old.  Anyway, she was putting on her makeup and she offered to let me watch her get ready as long as I was quiet.  That memory has stayed with me to this day, I remember being mesmerized by her transformation and how much I couldn't wait to do it myself one day.

2. My Mom
My Mom has a developed a very natural look over the years, but she has always loved her deep mauve and burgundy toned lipsticks.  Even though she is more conservative now, there was a time when she loved bolder Makeup looks.  There was one lipstick in particular that she wore alot when I was young and it was Revlon's Charlie Lipstick in Red.  I remember the silver cap and the light blue bottom and remember the bright bold Red it was and how great she looked wearing it.

3. My Cousin Pami
I always did look up to her when it came to her sense of style and the way she wore her Makeup.  I remember visiting her in England when I was 13 and she had her eyes done with fluttery mascara, shimmery toned eye shadow and this amazing electric blue eye liner.  I was in love with that look.  Every time I wear my electric blue toned eye liners, I always think of her.

Do you have anyone that inspired or inspires you?  Feel free to share!

Always Smile :)  - Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment