Saturday, September 15, 2012

TV Fashion/Makeup Icons

There have been many great TV shows that have influenced my ideas on hair,clothes and Makeup. Music videos have inspired me as well, but that will be a post for another day ;) 

My Top shows that inspired me were as follows:

1. Sex & The City
2. Friends
3. Ugly Betty
4. Beverley Hills 90210
5. Who's the Boss?

Today I have compiled together a few of my favourite photos from Sex & The City, specifically "Carrie Bradshaw", that inspired either a fashion trend or inspired my Makeup choices.  Enjoy!

Sex & The City - Carrie Bradshaw:
I loved her evolution over the years in fashion and Makeup.  Here are my faves over the years.

I absolutely loved when Carrie changed her hair colour in the first movie instalment of S.A.T.C.  I remember being in the theatre, watching the scene with Carrie at the Salon, and her hair is complete and she does her flip upward and reveals her new hair, literally everyone in the audience went, "Wowwwww".She looked great in the Fashion scene of the movie with her looking marvellous!  (I still have not managed to figure out how to replicate, but I am getting close! :)



The following picture is a favourite of mine due to her amazingly soft shiny curls.  Once I saw this, I know I had to figure out a way to do this at home since this look is so beautiful.


When Charlotte gets married, her first wedding, it is one of my favourite episodes.  For the fashion, the storyline and of course Carrie's AMAZING, gravity defying bun!  In my opinion, this is the first time we saw, what we now call, the infamous "Sock" bun.  It looked amazing on her :)


Last but not least, the wedding Makeup from the S.A.T.C. movie. I loved how her skin glowed, the classic lined eye, the soft brown shadow, rosy hue on the cheeks and the lips painted that amazing Red!


More inspired posts to come.  

Always Smile :)  - Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment