Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lifestyle | It's been awhile! Hair, Books & Makeup :)

Yes, I know, it has been awhile. Lots of changes in the start of the year that were super positive but also important things that took my time away from my blog. This doesn't mean I haven't been "cooking" on some new blog posts and fun things for everyone, just needed some time off the blog to live this thing called life.

Soooooo, here is what's been new with me and what's coming up on the blog....Take a look!

OMBRE/BALAYAGE
I finally took the plunge! I stayed in my comfort zone for the last few years by sporting dark(er) brown hair and took the leap to a golden/blonde ombre. Firstly, I'm not scared of colour since I used to colour my hair all sorts of colours and shades! But in the past few years, I got too comfortable (aka rut) and just rode out dark brown for as long as I could. Secondly, even though I am familiar with the whole process, I still am surprised to see my hair since I got used to seeing dark brown day in and day out. I love it and I feel more vibrant. Therefore, I would recommend anyone who's been sitting (safely) on the fence about changing their hair colour, just jump and do it! 

Here is my before and after:


This is a Phone pic, therefore not clear. Base is not that dark ;)

Interesting fact: Make up choices and typical go-to looks had to alter slightly, read more here on my blog post regarding changing your hair colour and changing your makeup: Click Here!


MY OWN PERSONAL BOOK CLUB
I love books and reading, and have finally committed to make a move to read through the high volume of books I have purchased/gifted in the last few years. I mean, I could be sleeping on potentially the best book I have ever read, but I don't know that because I haven't started to read them yet! I finally made the move and am doing pretty good so far.

Here the books that have been completed. (It's a list over 30 books, just saying!):

1. The Sweet Life by Dulce Candy - Great book if you are a beauty lover and in the business of blogging or would like to start a YouTube channel.

2. Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova - This book had me! I mean when you read a book and can actually picture yourself in the house and around the characters described in the book, it means it's a good book and well written! Lisa Genova is one of my fave authors and I have read 3 of her 4 books and I have not been disappointed. I will be adding the 4th one soon (Love Anthony) but need to get through my current unread books first!

3. Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham - In progress - Loved her on her show the Girls, heard a lot about this book and love anything with reflection and wit! We shall see how it goes!


BLOG UPDATES:

1. New Product Reviews



2. My 1st Spa Review - Caudalie Skin Spa Facial


3. Spring/Summer Looks
No, I don't have SNAPCHAT but I LOVE the filters! :)

I am excited and re energized about blogging again. This winter was brutal but thankful for the Sunny days that have re-inspired me! Those who know me understand that I am thee happiest when I blog and I love and live for the makeup posts that I do and yes YouTube is coming, just needed more time to make it right!

Lots to come, thanks for checking in and keeping me inspired! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment